God Believes In You

In Judges chapter 6, we see yet another story of the Israelites in captivity. This time, the Israelites were so oppressed by the Midianites, that they were hiding in caves up in the mountains. In their misery, they cried out to God to help them. He replied by telling them He was going to send them someone to rescue them.
     If you skip down to verse 11, you will see that the Lord picked a man named Gideon to help His people defeat the Midianites.  It’s kind of comical, because the Lord picked Gideon, but Gideon, tries to talk Him out of it. In verse 15, Gideon tells the Lord “O my Lord, how can I save Israel? Indeed, my clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father’s house.” In other words, “Lord I’m a nobody, from nobody’s, why are you picking me?”
     Have you ever felt like Gideon? Maybe the Lord has planted a big dream in your heart, and your first reaction is to question the Lord and ask, “Lord, are you sure you are talking to me? I’m a nobody from nowhere. How could I accomplish what you are asking me to do?”
     The truth is, without God, we are all nobody’s. If you study the Bible and look all throughout history, God used a lot of people that the world would look at and say they will never amount to much, but when they stepped out in faith, and let God use them to accomplish His purpose, they literally changed the world. 
     When Gideon obeyed, God used him to save the Israelites. God's people went from hiding in caves in the mountain, to conquering and defeating their enemy. It happened because Gideon decided to quit asking God why He had picked him and just decided to be obedient to what the Lord had planned for him. Gideon became a world changer that day.
     What dream has God laid on your heart that seems too big? Don’t question the Lord and ask Him why He spoke that dream to you. Realize that He wants to work through you to accomplish something greater than you have ever imagined. Philippians 4:13 says “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Remember, God has given you that dream because He believes in you. He is just waiting for you to take that step of faith and become a world changer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons From Line 6

Cord's Story