Everything and the Kitchen Sink

Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. Psalm 51:7

I love cleaning my kitchen sink. I fill it up with hot water, pour in some bleach and let it sit for about an hour. You can just see all the crud that has accumulated coming off. After I let it soak, I drain the water and then scrub a little bit and voila it looks like I have a brand new sink. If you looked at the sink before I cleaned it you would have never realized all the impurities that were stuck on the inside, but once it is cleaned it is very obvious that it should have been cleaned sooner.

The same is true when we become Christians. We’re like the dirty sink. We may not realize that we have so much crud and junk inside of us until we meet the Savior that cleanses us from the inside out. You see as we accept Him into our lives and ask for His forgiveness He begins to do a work in us and starts to remove all the impurities in our life. Our job is to let Him have the time He needs to finish the work.

Sometimes we may get frustrated and give up and let the water out early so to speak, but if we will get our minds focused on Him and have a don’t quit mentality then God can do amazing things in us and through us. He can break strongholds, deliver us from addictions and turn our lives completely around.

I encourage you if you don't know Him today to take a moment and ask Him into your life. It is so easy. You don't even have to be at church to accept Him. Just admit you are a sinner and ask Him into your life. Believe that He cleanses you and makes you white as snow and begin to Confess that He is your Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons From Line 6

Cord's Story

God Believes In You